This job is currently Archived,
Principal/Senior Principal Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry - United Kingdom
Posted on : 09 December 2016
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of innovative medicines and solutions to transform the lives of people living with severe diseases of the immune system or of the central nervous system.
- With more than 7,700 people in approximately 40 countries, the company generated revenue of € 3.9 billion in 2015.
- Our company recently recognised as the best employer with the Cogent Life Science Awards, is a fast growing global biopharmaceutical company with an investment of more than 25% of revenue in cutting-edge scientific research to meet unmet patient needs.
- We have a passionate, long-term commitment to discovering and developing innovative medicines that transform the lives of people with severe diseases.
- At our company everything we do starts with a simple question: “How will this make a difference to the lives of people living with severe diseases?”
- We do that by connecting with patients and their families around the world living with the physical and social burdens of severe disease of the immune system and the central nervous system.
- Those connections offer new perspectives, drive innovation, and offer the hope of a new generation of therapies that are helping to transform lives.
We are seeking a world class scientific Leader to help us advance our small molecule drug discovery projects to critical decision making milestones, from target validation to pre-clinical candidate selection and beyond. The key responsibilities are:
- Driving medicinal chemistry strategy and delivery of project milestones in NCE discovery
- Building upon the medicinal chemistry functional excellence
- Fostering innovation, forging strong internal and external cross-functional collaborations; scientific cross-fertilization of the laboratories beyond the immediate area of project responsibility
- Development of drug discovery capabilities, establishment and monitoring of external collaborations,
- Provide support for in- and out-licensing activity and contribution to a strong portfolio of novel therapeutic targets and projects.
- The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a track record of scientific leadership and delivery of clinical candidates of top class scientific quality with proven creative problem solving skills, sound scientific judgement and efficient delivery of medicinal chemistry programs.
- You will need to have excellent people leadership skills and be able to motivate, inspire, retain and recruit talented front line scientists.
- Excellent communication skills are essential along with an established record of high quality publications, presentations and patents.
- The candidate will be expected to serve as an ambassador for our company in the broader scientific community.
- The candidate should have a BSc/MSc/PhD in organic chemistry with appropriate industrial experience and have gained international recognition in medicinal chemistry. You will need to evidence sound knowledge of computational chemistry, chemoinformatic, drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics (DMPK) with detailed understanding of, and commitment to novel enabling technologies and ways of working in order to truly advance medicinal chemistry discipline to achieve high productivity.
Job Segment: Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Scientific, Scientist, Science, Engineering, Research