Principal Scientist, Vector Design (AAV) & Gene Therapy - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
- These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
- We will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
- Our company’s Development Sciences group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development.
- Development Sciences involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors.
- Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases.
- Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
- Our company’s Vector Biology group is responsible for initiating and guiding gene therapy projects through the research, pre-clinical and clinical phases.
- This is a position for a highly innovative, passionate, and energetic Scientist to develop adeno-associated viral vector technologies in an industry setting.
- The candidate should be extremely motivated to drive drug development.
- The Principal / Sr Scientist is part of a multidisciplinary research team responsible for using our company’s Proprietary technology platform to develop gene therapy applications. This person must have extensive experience with AAV vectors.
- Major responsibilities include: Identification and development of new
- AAV Applications
- AAV Capsids development
- Vector design
- Optimize Vector Cassette
- Assist in management of projects with partners and/or contract laboratories
- Preferably 10+ years of experience working as a scientist in an academic, research, laboratory setting or biotech/pharma company·
- Exceptional publication record in leading peer reviewed journals·
- Experience interpreting and presenting data to internal and external stakeholders, and at national and international meetings·
- Strong critical, scientific, and strategic thinking skills; Strong problem solving and decision making abilities·
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills·
- Experience and ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams·
- Drug development and/or extensive research training.
- A Ph.D. in the Biomedical Sciences.
- Strong consideration given to Molecular Biologists