Principal Scientist Oncology - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The Principal Scientist Oncology will join the department research efforts in the discovery and development of small and large molecule therapeutics for the treatment of hematological cancers.
- S/he will drive forward research programs across the different stages of pre-clinical drug discovery.
- His/her responsibilities will include management of a small discovery research team with responsibilities including target identification / validation and leadership of drug discovery projects towards clinical candidates.
- The candidate will effectively and frequently collaborate with colleagues in the oncology department as well as in the medicinal chemistry, screening, translational research, clinical and antibody development groups, and potentially manage collaborations with external research groups.
- S/he will be responsible for the design, execution, interpretation of studies, including complex in vitro and in vivo studies, as well as presentation of the research results to senior management.
- Demonstrate the ability to design/ execute decision making experiments and interpret, troubleshoot and report complex data
- Supervision of diverse experimental settings in cell/molecular biology/ biochemistry: e.g. transfections, transductions, western blotting, immunoprecipitation, siRNA/shRNA, FACS, ELISA, basics in enzymology (e.g. KD, KM), cytotoxicity assays
- Successful implementation and execution of innovative small and large molecule drug discovery strategies: e.g. screening funnels, PK/PD/Efficacy correlations etc.
- Supervise and engage junior research associate(s) and junior PhD scientists
- Propose novel and actionable target ideas, aligned with internal scientific strategy and capabilities
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple experiments/projects simultaneously
- Demonstrate the ability to contribute on various projects even outside of his/her responsibility by collaborating with stakeholders from all relevant functions
- Initiate and maintain external collaborations (contract research organizations, academics)
- Demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills
- A PhD in Life Sciences or other relevant field with 6+ years industry experience is required
- Deep background knowledge in cancer biology and/or cancer immunology is mandatory
- Experience with antibody based and/or small molecule drug discovery is a must
- Proven track record of preclinical candidate delivery is preferred
- Strong track record of publications in cancer biology and/or tumor immunology is required
- Experience with people management is mandatory
- Experience working within and leading matrixed teams is required
- Must be able to work independently and assert oneself to reach goals in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, internally and externally, is required
- Detail-oriented, with excellent organizational and record-keeping skills and capability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously is essential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and capability to effectively present scientific data and concepts to international standards are required
- Demonstrates creativity and novel approaches to solving scientific problems
- Intellectually curious and well informed on the latest scientific advances in the field as well as demonstrates creativity and novel approaches to solving scientific problems is mandatory
- As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
- As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility. Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
- Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.