This job is currently Archived,
Principal Scientist Mass Spectrometry Research and Development Vaughan Canada,
Posted on : 06 April 2017
Job Description :
- Our company is a global technology leader driving growth and initiative.
- Our company s comprehensive portfolio of technologies helps life sciences researchers better understand diseases and develop treatments.
- Our company accelerates scientists ability to detect, monitor and manage contaminants and toxic chemicals impacting our environment and food supply.
- Each year, our detection solutions are used for inorganic and organic analysis to test approximately 2.25 billion air, water and soil samples, - reducing the risk of contaminants.
- Our company is a global leader in technology is searching for an experienced R&D scientist to help drive innovative solutions in our rapidly expanding Mass Spectrometry group.
- The individual will become a key member of a group of senior scientists and liaise closely with other scientists at our company s partners and collaborators.
- This position reports into company s Global R&D organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiate, direct, and execute scientific research with an emphasis on developing next generation technology, trade secrets, and intellectual property.
- Act as a scientific expert/consultant during product development including implementation and process confirmation phases, assisting in thorough conceptualization and overall design and testing of new products.
- Design and drive the execution of feasibility, verification and validation studies for the proposed mass spectrometry products according to design control procedures.
- Influence the scientific community and market via patents, publications, and conference presentations.
- Provide research project planning and time estimates.
- Evaluate competitive products and new technologies from research institutions, aiming to enhance future products.
- Work with manufacturing and service personnel to design for quality, manufacturability, and serviceability of products.
- Demonstrate independent and creative scientific thinking, ability in solving complex problems, and resilience to setbacks and changes.
- Experience and ability to lead and coordinate multiple collaborative projects in a cross-functional program team environment.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Master s degree in science, engineering, or related field (Physics, Chemistry, Engineering, with strong mathematics skills) required, PhD level education is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of mass spectrometer theory and components is a must (such as electromagnetic fields, ionization sources, mass analyzers, RF systems, charged particle detectors and electrometers, data acquisition hardware).
- Experience with triple quadrupole mass spectrometers is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge in design and development of atmospheric pressure ion sources for liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry LC-MS, gas chromatography (GC) and time-of-flight (TOF) is desirable.
- Strong instrumentation design skills and troubleshooting ability.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Ability to dissect problems and projects into manageable tasks
- Excellent group interaction skills and negotiating skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to plan and define research projects.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities.
- Previous successful academic or work-related experience mentoring peers preferred
- Proven track record of publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Woodbridge ON CA
Find a Job Find Candidates