Principal Scientist – High Content Imaging - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 15 April 2017
- We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
- Employees of our Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
- Our company is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world.
- Our research and development center develops products for a wide range of disease areas, such as mental disorders, neurological problems, infectious diseases, immunological disorders, cancer, and cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.
- The Molecular & Cellular Pharmacology Department in the Lead Discovery Group is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences (DS) organization in company R&D, and is committed to the delivery of high quality chemical leads needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds in all five Therapeutic Area discovery teams.
- Building on a strong legacy of success, we are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our team as Principal Scientist in Cellular Pharmacology Group.
- We are looking for an individual who is an expert in design and execution of cellular high-content imaging experiments and cellular assays for the identification and characterization of small molecules throughout the drug discovery pipeline with at least 5-8 years of drug discovery experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry setting.
- The candidate will be responsible for leading and overseeing internal and external projects focused on high content imaging in several therapeutic areas (Immunology, Oncology, Infectious Diseases, Neuroscience, and Cardiovascular & Metabolic Diseases).
- This individual is expected to be a critical member of the Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology Group in Belgium, and will be responsible for formulating and executing innovative scientific approaches using state-of-the art technology. This role lends itself to very attractive future growth opportunities.
- A PhD in cell biology with a post- doctoral experience.
- At least 5-8 years of drug discovery experience with a record of important contributions to development of novel clinical candidates.
- Recognized scientific expert in high content imaging and cell biology. Strong record of external publications and presentations.
- Knowledge and application of advanced cellular models (e.g. 3D cultures, primary cells, iPSC etc.).
- Working knowledge in multiparametric data generation and analysis.
- Experience in working within and leading matrix teams is required.
- Strong communications skills are required.
- Experience as an effective line manager of cell biology lab scientists. Strong capabilities to teach and mentor lab scientists.
- Record of success in working effectively with external research organizations, including academic institutions, contract research organizations, and/or public-private consortia.
- Outstanding written and oral presentation capabilities.
- Experience as a drug discovery program team leader.
- Expertise in one or more of the following therapeutic areas: Immunology, Oncology, Infectious Diseases, Neuroscience, and Cardiovascular & Metabolic Diseases.