Principal Scientist Medicinal Chemistry - Belgium
- Driving medicinal chemistry strategy and delivery of project milestones in NCE discovery
- Building upon medicinal chemistry functional excellence
- Fostering innovation, forging strong internal and external cross-functional collaborations, and scientific cross-fertilization of the laboratories beyond the immediate area of project responsibility
- Developing drug discovery capabilities, establishing and monitoring external collaborations,
- Providing support for in- and out-licensing activity and contributing to a strong portfolio of novel therapeutic targets and projects.
- The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of scientific leadership and delivery, as evidenced by contributions to development candidates.
- In addition, applicants should be creative problem solvers and exhibit sound scientific judgement, coupled with proven efficient delivery of medicinal chemistry programs.
- The ideal candidate will create an effective working relationship in a matrix environment and may be expected to participate in local functional management including hiring and mentoring of staff when required. Excellent communication skills are essential along with an established record of high quality publications, presentations and patents.
- The candidate will be expected to serve as an ambassador for company in the broader scientific community.
- The candidate should have a BSc/MSc/PhD in organic chemistry with appropriate industrial experience and be a recognized expert in medicinal chemistry.
- Sound knowledge of computational chemistry, chemoinformatics, drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics (DMPK) and biology are essential.
- A detailed understanding of, and commitment to, novel enabling technologies and ways to advance medicinal chemistry as a discipline and to achieve high productivity would be beneficial.
Job Segment: Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Scientific, Scientist, Science, Engineering, Research