Principal Scientist II, In-Vivo PK Group - United States
Charles River (company)
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Principal Scientist II (in vivoPharmacokinetics) for our Discovery site located in Worcester, MA.
We are seeking a highly skilled, passionate and energetic In-Vivo PK Scientist to provide scientific leadership for all technical aspects of studies. The qualified candidate will work closely with our clients and our established teams in the design, conduct, analysis, interpretation and reporting of a wide variety of in-vivo PK studies in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Responsibilities of this position include extensive interaction and communication with client scientists in the discovery research area of PK screening, lead optimization and candidate selection.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Principal Scientist II position.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent in a scientific related discipline. Related Master's degree (M.S./M.A.) or PhD/DVM preferred.
- Minimum of 8 to 9 years related experience in the contract research, academic, or pharmaceutical industry.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements of study types assigned, as well as Testing Facility SOPs and the Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), as appropriate. Demonstrate leadership skills as they pertain to intra- and interdepartmental initiatives, Sponsor interactions, and business development.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in the use of standard software including Microsoft® Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc. and with standard laboratory calculations.
- Proficiency with NCA using Phoenix WinNonlin software.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet