This job is currently Archived,
Principal Scientist - Computational Chemistry / Chemical Informatics - United States
Posted on : 26 February 2017
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives.
- Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health.
- We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge.
- With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
- Principal Scientist in the Computational Chemistry Department.In partnership with Discovery Science team members, the role focuses on application of in silico design methods to advance drugs with superior pharmacological properties.
- Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- In close collaboration medicinal chemists and project teams, apply a wide variety of drug-design and computational chemistry methods to improve potency, selectivity, and ADME properties while minimizing toxicological risk.
- Enhance our understanding of SAR and influence team strategy by assimilating and interpreting data using modeling and data-mining technologies.
- Apply and develop new approaches for designing bioactive-relevant features using machine-learning, scoring functions, and multiple endpoint optimization methods.
- Maintain and develop working knowledge of contemporary computational chemistry methods and their use in ligand design and data analysis as applied to drug design projects.
Ph.D. with at 6-10 years of Computational Chemistry / Chemical Informatics experience work experience, preferred.
- A completed Ph.D. in physical organic chemistry or a related field with strong theoretical background as demonstrated by contributions to leading journals•A minimum of 6-10 years of relevant Computational Chemistry / Chemical Informatics experience is preferred.
- It is highly desirable that you have familiarity with machine learning techniques, multiple parameter optimization methods, quantum chemistry, docking methods, molecular dynamics, and homology modeling approaches.
- Demonstrated skills in the application of computer-assisted drug design using standard modeling and computational software packages.
- Ability to independently analyze literature and project data, formulate creative design hypotheses and design novel ligands in the context of project need
- Ability to serve as a lead computational chemist on multiple drug discovery projects
- A working knowledge of medicinal chemistry and drug discovery
- Proven ability to collaborate with others.
- Applicants are desired to have programming experience in at least one scripting language (e.g., Perl, Python) or programming language (Java, C, C++)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Our company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Our company complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for our company in the U.S.