Principal Scientist (Associate Director): Biotransformation Group Leader Cambridge United States,
|External Posting Title||Principal Scientist (Associate Director): Biotransformation Group Leader|
|Job Description||Biogen's DMPK department is looking for exceptional individual for a principal scientist Biotransformation group leader position. Responsibilities will include supervisory role of a group of PhD/Masters level lab-based scientists and integration of in vitro ADME/DDI/metabolism/PK data as DMPK project representative in cross-functional discovery & development teams. |
Position will require:
• Strong expertise in mechanistic biotransformation to lead strategy development (design, oversee conduct and data interpretation, manage) for metabolite identification and profiling studies for compound optimization, candidate selection, and development compounds utilizing various cross-species in vitro and in vivo biological matrices.
• Providing scientific guidance to the established biotransformation team on application of innovative LC-MS/MS based metabolite profiling platforms (QTOF, QExactive Plus, Orbitrap Fusion Lumos), troubleshooting of HPLC/UPLC-MS instruments for evaluation and translation of metabolic pathways, data processing and reporting.
• Oversee mass balance and metabolite identification studies with 3H- or 14C-radiolabeled compounds in in vitro systems and preclinical species for development candidates. Guide metabolite identification work in clinical SAD/MAD studies and support all metabolism work required for regulatory submissions.
• Represent DMPK as project representative across discovery and development projects to enable lead optimization for clinical candidate selection, conduct preclinical development studies, support clinical evaluation and contribute to IND and NDA filings.
• Strong understanding of various DMPK areas such as physicochemical properties, drug metabolizing enzyme & transporter kinetics, mechanistic biotransformation, bioanalytical data troubleshooting is highly preferred.
|Location||Cambridge, MA, US|
• Proven track record of metabolite identification and structure elucidation.
• Experience with regulatory filings and understanding of regulatory requirements.
• Good people management skills, excellent communication skills (both oral and written), detail oriented, and demonstrated experience in leading/mentoring a mid-sized team of junior biotransformation scientists.
• PhD in Organic Chemistry, Pharmacokinetics, Drug Metabolism, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related field, with 10+ years of industry experience.
|About Biogen||Corporate Overview|
Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer s disease, Parkinson s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry. To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion. As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment. In 2015, we became a carbon neutral company and ranked first place on Newsweek s 2015 Green Rankings, and we are an industry leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Biogen was named to Science s list of Top Employers of 2015 and in 2017 received a perfect score of 100 for the fourth consecutive year on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index, which also named Biogen as one of its Best Places to Work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Nearest Major Market: Cambridge
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: Chemistry, Scientific, Biotech, Manager, Scientist, Science, Engineering, Management
Find a Job Find Candidates