Principal Investigator, Product Development, Life Protection - United States
Dupont Biosciences (company)
- Developing and qualifying new products for ballistic applications
- Working closely with civilian and military customers to develop new, prototype products
- Developing and qualifying new material systems for ballistic applications
- Providing technical guidance and market support to manufacturers of ballistic materials and end-users globally
- Working through the entire value chain to capture new business opportunities
- Provide technical expertise for the development of down-stream coating processes and will be recognized as a leader in that technology.
- Lead teams to upgrade processes and products that may range from incremental improvements to major technology changes.
- Support substrate manufacturing, to enable higher performing coated products
- Identifying appropriate contractors or substrate coating for specified product needs.
- Developing coated and/or laminated products with contract partners.
- Working with supply chain and technical to develop new processes for contractors or internally.
DuPont is an Equal Opportunity Employer
DuPont is an e-Verify Employer
- Masters or PhD: Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- 5-10 years of ballistic, composite, film, coating or related industry experience, preferably in an R&D or Manufacturing environment.
- Practical knowledge in fibers, fibrous structures, films, coating knowledge, thermoplastic & thermoset resins, and composite-related materials. Knowledge of composite design, testing, prototyping, and processing is required. Ballistics knowledge is a plus.
- Solid project management skills
- Understanding of basic business processes
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, cross functional, global work environmentCompetencies:
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively across functions and regions, particularly at customer interface.
- Strong innovative and conceptual capacity
- Results oriented; combined with attention to detail and a focus on qualityLocation: Richmond, VA or Greater Charlotte, NC (Monroe, NC)
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies in late 2018 or early 2019. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.