Principal Investigator Discovery Research - Italy
We are currently seeking a Project Leader (Principal Investigator) for the Discovery Group experienced in hit identification and lead generation to drive our proprietary discovery projects.
In cooperation with the Director of Discovery Research, and Program Manager, defines deliverables, project plan, timelines and budget for the discovery project
- Defines the outsourcing plan and identifies appropriate CROs or academic collaborators, negotiating costs and timelines
- Manages the development and execution of the project plans
- Addresses or reports conflicts and project constraints
- Supervise objectives connected with laboratory experiments
- Plans, schedules and tracks progress to project milestones
- Ensures information and decisions are clearly communicated, documented and archived. Maintains project core files
- The successful candidate will be familiar with the early steps of the drug discovery process, including: functional in vitro assay generation, HTS, hit validation and the full range of hit to lead activities.
- He/she will coordinate all laboratory activities necessary to identify and then optimize new bio active small molecules against a defined target as potential new drugs, in collaboration with company biologists, chemists and external collaborators.
- Moreover he/she will actively monitor the scientific literature on the targets and therapeutic areas of interest and the competitive landscape.
- The successful candidate will have a strong scientific and technical background, together with proven experience in successful early drug discovery projects in an industrial environment.
- The position will require the ability to work with multidisciplinary and international teams and strong communication skills with both internal and external partners.
QUALIFICATION & SKILLS:
- A Ph.D. in cell biology, pharmacology or related discipline is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with basic pharmacological concepts for receptors, ion channels, enzymes and transporters
- Familiarity with drug discovery in the area of CNS diseases would be strongly preferred
- Hit to Lead process including basic concepts of medicinal chemistry and in vivo pharmacokinetic studies
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Self-motivated and organised
- Excellent team player
- Ability to set and work within defined deadlines and budget
- Excellent analytical skills;
- ability to address technical challenges
- ability to process and analyze complex results and data sets
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop productive relationships with multiple and different parties, including scientists, scientific institutions representatives, good conflict management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Equal opportunity employer
- Our company offers a stimulating work environment and a competitive salary.
- If your background and personal experience fit this profile, please send your complete application.