- Our company is one of the world’s largest independent biotechnology companies, with global revenue in excess of $18 billion and over 18,000 employees globally.
- For more than 35 years, our company has pioneered biotechnology breakthroughs, to bring state-of-the-art medicines from laboratory to the patient.
- Our company has not only discovered and developed innovative human therapeutics, but has invested in cutting edge manufacturing capability and support services to deliver these exciting therapies to medical teams around the world.
The Principal Data Sciences will work in the Data & Analytic Center (DAC) of the Center for Observational Research (CfOR) organization to support products at all phases of development across all company therapeutic areas.
- Write, test, and validate software programs in SAS implementing epidemiological analyses to support products at all phases of development and post-marketing
- Lead, manage, and develop bio statistical programming staff
- Demonstrates creativity and independent thought in applying observational research and programming methods to CfOR projects
- Participate in the recruitment of programming staff
- Provide project team leadership by ensuring that other CfOR programmers on study teams meet departmental standards of quality and timeliness
- Provide proactive project planning and review communications as necessary to multidisciplinary project stakeholders
- Make significant contributions to and/or lead programming and data infrastructure improvement initiatives
- Represent the CfOR programming function and participate in multidisciplinary project team meetings
- Lead and/or participate in the development and review of policies, SOPs, and other controlled documents
Competitive salary & comprehensive benefits package including bonus scheme
- Master’s degree and demonstrated relevant clinical experience
- Bachelor’s degree and extensive relevant clinical experience
- Master’s degree in Epidemiology, Public Health, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Life Sciences or other relevant scientific subject
- Extensive experience of drug development (early, late, post-marketing and/or observational) in related industries or academic research
- Project planning and management experience
- Process improvement leadership experience
- Effectiveness in team participation
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Epidemiology methodology and applications within Drug Development
- Epidemiologic databases
- Effective programming techniques in working with large databases