This job is currently Archived,
Principal Biostatistician - Worldwide Medical Cambridge United States,
Posted on : 10 July 2017
- The Bio statistician is responsible for providing statistical support to worldwide biostatistics or projects as assigned.
- He/She participates in activities in cross-functional project teams for study design and execution.
- He/She provides statistical consultation to teams, and ensures the incorporation of statistical input in study design and execution.
- He/She develops statistical analysis plans and performs statistical analyses, interprets statistical results.
- He/she utilizes valid epidemiology/statistical methods to assess prospective and retrospective data from observational studies.
- PhD in Bio statistics/Statistics or equivalent or MS with 2-4 years of experience in clinical trial setting
- Thorough understanding of statistical principles
- Some knowledge of medical/biological terminology and clinical trial designs in relevant therapeutic areas
- Good written and oral communication skills including grammatical/technical writing skills
- Conversant with SAS programming, and knowledge of SAS procedures and other statistical software
- Demonstrates organizational skills; able to prioritize workload
- Effective communicator: able to explain methodology and consequences of decisions in lay terms
- Effective team player; willingness to go the extra distance to get results, meet deadlines, etc.
- Able to be flexible when priorities change
- Able to deal with ambiguity
Ph.D. in Biostatistics/Statistics with 4 years experience in industry or MS with 6 years of experiences
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer s disease, Parkinson s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer s disease, Parkinson s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Biotech, Developer, Scientific, Statistics, Science, Technology, Research, Engineering, Data
Cambridge MA US
Find a Job Find Candidates