This job is currently Archived,
Principal Biostatistician - United States
Posted on : 24 June 2017
- The Principal Bio-statistician is responsible for providing leadership in statistical methodology within Worldwide Medical.
- This person conducts data analyses and supports clinical trial designs for marketed products and ensures that advanced statistical procedures are implemented.
- He/She provides mentor ship to other bio-statisticians in the department and acts as a statistical consultant within the company.
- The Principal Bio-statistician also collaborates with external clinical and statistical experts and helps to establish the company as a leader within the industry.
- This person performs statistical analyses, interprets statistical results, and assists in the preparation of publications including the production of tables and figures.
- He/She reviews presentations, manuscripts and integrated summaries for accuracy, consistency, and quality output.
- This person may provide analysis support for market access needs.
- The Principal Biostatistician also contributes to the strategic planning and execution of product plans.
- MS with 8 years or PhD with 6 years working in applied statistics, including publications
- Thorough understanding of statistical principles and clinical trial methodology with the ability to independently practice and implement them.
- Ability to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of wide ranging scope and complexity.
- Ability to handle a large volume of highly complex tasks with little to no supervision.
- Proficiency and experience in SAS programming, and detailed knowledge of SAS procedures and other statistical software.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including grammatical/technical writing skills.
- Effective communicator: able to explain methodology and consequences of decisions in lay terms.
- Effective team player: willingness to go the extra distance to get results, meet deadlines, etc.
- Able to be flexible when priorities change. Able to deal with ambiguity.
- Some knowledge of medical/biological terminology and clinical practice in relevant therapeutic areas is preferred.
MS or PhD in Bio statistics/Statistics or equivalent
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Biotech, Developer, Strategic Planning, Biology, Science, Technology, Strategy, Research