Powertrain - Engine Test Operations Supervisor/Team leader Nuneaton United Kingdom,
HORIBA Mira (company)
horiba mira is a global provider of pioneering Engineering, Research and test services to the automotive, defence, aerospace and rail sectors. we work in close collaboration with vehicle manufacturers and suppliers around the world, providing comprehensive support ranging from individual product tests to turnkey Engineering design, development and build programmes.
with over 70 years’ experience in developing some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
the engine test team at horiba mira’s brand-new state-of-the-art powertrain development centre are looking for and experienced engine test Technician with management and organisational skills to lead a growing team of test technicians. the engine test team are responsible for the delivery of engine development projects including performance and emissions, mechanical and durability development requirements. our engine test facilities are tailored to specific customer project requirements and can cover gasoline, diesel and hybrid Applications.
essential experience for this role includes:-
- managing and organising teams and individuals
- preparation and installation of the test unit
- modern test methodologies and able to deliver tests right first time
- setup, configure, operate, and maintain test equipment and Automation systems
- understanding of current generation gasoline and diesel engines and components
desirable experience for this role includes:-
- Operations in a customer focused environment
- knowledge of stars and or cp cadet v14 test Cell systems
- etas inca or other calibration tools
- automotive electrics and wiring
- engine instrumentation and high speed data acquisition techniques and Validation.
- use of emissions Sampling equipment (horiba mexa, particle number analysers…)
essential skills for this role include:-
- have good interpersonal and Leadership skills and the ability to create and efficient working team environment
- good understanding of mechanical and fabrication
- good attention to detail
- excellent organisational
- resource management
- good computer skills, in particular ms Excel
- people management
- good Communication
- Time Management
- conflict resolution
essential qualifications for this role include:-
- relevant city & guilds, vehicle Engineering to level 3 and/or experience
desirable qualifications for this role include:-
- hnc/hnd in Engineering or equivalent
main purpose of job:-
- managing a Technician team on powertrain test projects.
- efficient delivery of engine Testing from start of project to closure
- managing Health, safety, efficiency and quality (hseq) of all Operations within the facility and tasks undertaken
- manage resource effectively
- ensure kpis are measured and met
- responsible for all hseq aspects of Operations
- test engine palletisation, installation
- efficient test bed setup and operation
- scheduling engine test measurements, servicing and maintenance
- facility maintenance and housekeeping
- follow, write and critique distribute work instructions with high attention to detail and quality
- organise team to ensure scheduled work is completed to a high standard
- give guidance and moral support to team members.
- develop and mentor all team members where required
horiba mira actively promotes diversity and inclusion across our organisation, however this role does not meet the criteria to be considered within the current home office shortage occupation list. as a result, horiba mira is unable to support an application for visa sponsorship. all applicants for this role must have an unrestricted right to work for an indefinite period in the uk.
Find a Job Find Candidates