This job is currently Archived,
Postdoctoral Scientist in Oncology Beerse Belgium,
Johnson & Johnson (company)
Posted on : 03 September 2017
Janssen Pharmaceutica joined the Johnson & Johnson group in 1961. Today, Janssen Pharmaceutica is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world and employs more than 4,000 professionals in Belgium. Our research and development centre develops products for a wide range of disease areas, such as mental disorders, neurological problems, infectious diseases, immunological disorders, cancer, and cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.Position Summary:
As a postdoctoral scientist in Oncology at Janssen, you will be a key member of a dynamic and collaborative team, responsible for identifying novel drug targets for the treatment of cancer as well as elucidating the mode of action. Specifically, the research will be focused on epigenetic and transcriptional regulation in hematological malignancies. We are looking for highly motivated candidates that show initiative and the ability to work independently. The successful candidate is responsible for the interpretation of analysis results of integrated high throughput datasets focused on signaling pathways and in relation to tumor biology. Furthermore, the candidate is expected to use the integrated high throughput datasets to identify novel targets or mechanisms for therapeutic interventions. She/he needs to have a sense of urgency, be well organized, and adhere to project timelines. An excellent scientific track record is critical. Experience in the interpretation of high throughput data analysis and the capability to build, analyze, and interpret biological networks from disparate data sources to develop hypotheses and propose experimental validation, as well as knowledge of Oncology are a must.
You will initially be assigned to a two-year R&D project to identify novel small molecule and/or antibody / large molecule targets. The postdoctoral scientist will work closely with computational biology team members to run the analyses and discuss as well as communicate proactively findings and hypotheses with bench scientists, senior scientific project leads and external collaborators. The position will offer an excellent opportunity to develop your skills in drug target identification and learn about early drug discovery and development. The candidate is expected to publish his/her research.Primary Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Interpret analysis results from disparate genomics data sources and contextualize into biological networks to develop hypotheses and propose experimental validation strategies
- Provide appropriate visualization to support decision making on drug development projects.
- Keep up-to-date in the literature related to his/her field. Act as an expert resource in his/her scientific field and in related disciplines. Propose novel and actionable target ideas, aligned with internal scientific strategy and capabilities.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple studies simultaneously.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze and present data in professional 'publication ready' format
- Demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication (excellent presentation skills)
Education, Experience, and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Education : Ph.D. degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, bioinformatics or other relevant field
- Related Experience :
- Experience with applying knowledge-based or data-driven methods (e.g. pathway and network analysis) for data interpretation using common pathway gene sets and analysis software platforms (e.g. GSEA/Connectivity Map -CMap-, IPA, MetaCore, Ingenuity, Reactome, Pathvisio).
- Basic bioinformatics data parsing skills with working knowledge of at least one programming language, such as Perl, Python, R/Bioconductor, C, C++, or Java, is required; Demonstrated ability to work comfortably in a UNIX / Linux environment.
- Knowledge of cell signaling pathways and oncology disease biology
- Good understanding of high throughput genomic profiling (next generation sequencing, microarray, proteomics, CyTOF, Elisa) data and downstream pathway analysis are required
- Experience in drug discovery is beneficial
- Personal skills and Competencies :
- Intellectually curious and well-informed on the latest scientific advances in the field
- Demonstrates creativity and novel approaches to solving scientific problems
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage several experiments simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people
- Detail-oriented, with excellent record-keeping skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to effectively present scientific data and concepts to international standards.
What s in it for you &?
Caring for the world, one person at a time &
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility. Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)
Find a Job Find Candidates