Postdoctoral Scientist in Oncology - Belgium
- Interpret analysis results from disparate genomics data sources and contextualize into biological networks to develop hypotheses and propose experimental validation strategies
- Provide appropriate visualization to support decision making on drug development projects.
- Keep up-to-date in the literature related to his/her field. Act as an expert resource in his/her scientific field and in related disciplines. Propose novel and actionable target ideas, aligned with internal scientific strategy and capabilities.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple studies simultaneously.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze and present data in professional 'publication ready' format
- Demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication (excellent presentation skills)
Education, Experience, and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Education : Ph.D. degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, bioinformatics or other relevant field
- Related Experience :
- Experience with applying knowledge-based or data-driven methods (e.g. pathway and network analysis) for data interpretation using common pathway gene sets and analysis software platforms (e.g. GSEA/Connectivity Map -CMap-, IPA, MetaCore, Ingenuity, Reactome, Pathvisio).
- Basic bioinformatics data parsing skills with working knowledge of at least one programming language, such as Perl, Python, R/Bioconductor, C, C++, or Java, is required; Demonstrated ability to work comfortably in a UNIX / Linux environment.
- Knowledge of cell signaling pathways and oncology disease biology
- Good understanding of high throughput genomic profiling (next generation sequencing, microarray, proteomics, CyTOF, Elisa) data and downstream pathway analysis are required
- Experience in drug discovery is beneficial
- Personal skills and Competencies :
- Intellectually curious and well-informed on the latest scientific advances in the field
- Demonstrates creativity and novel approaches to solving scientific problems
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage several experiments simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people
- Detail-oriented, with excellent record-keeping skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to effectively present scientific data and concepts to international standards.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)