This job is currently Archived,
Postdoctoral researcher position in single-molecule studies of chromatin-associated complexes Uppsala Sweden,
Sci Life Lab (company)
Posted on : 13 May 2017
The research group
- Our lab is an international and ambitious research team that provides a stimulating and friendly environment for highly motivated scientists with a genuine interest in tackling important biological questions.
- We have recently been awarded an ERC starting grant to investigate the molecular mechanisms of chromatin-associated protein machines using a highly multidisciplinary approach that combines state-of-the-art single-molecule fluorescence imaging with a range of biophysical, structural, and biochemical techniques
- We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher to carry out biophysical studies into the mechanisms of chromatin-associated complexes using single-molecule imaging approaches along with complementary biophysical and biochemical techniques.
- Several exciting projects are available and can be tailored to individual interests and expertise.
- The researcher will benefit from a custom-built state-of-the-art two- and three-color single-molecule FRET microscope, excellent resources, infrastructure, and support as well as collaborators who are international leaders in their fields.
- Applicants should possess a PhD in the life sciences, biophysics or physics, or a related relevant discipline.
- A strong background in single-molecule biophysics or advanced fluorescence microscopy (documented by at least one peer-reviewed first-author publication) would be advantageous, as well as prior experience with wet-lab biochemistry.
- Good English language skills are essential.
- The ability to work in a team, good organizational skills as well as initiative, creativity, flexibility, and good learning ability are required.
Practical information about the position
- Start date: As soon as possible or per agreement
- The position is for 2 years initially but offers a longer-term perspective.
Find a Job Find Candidates