This job is currently Archived,
Postdoctoral researcher position in Integrated Structural Biology of Chromatin-Associated Complexes Uppsala Sweden,
Sci Life Lab (company)
Posted on : 13 May 2017
The research group
- Our lab is an international and ambitious research team that provides a stimulating and friendly environment for highly motivated scientists with a genuine interest in tackling important biological questions.
- We have recently been awarded an ERC starting grant to investigate the molecular mechanisms of chromatin-associated protein machines using a highly multidisciplinary approach that combines structural, biochemical, and single-molecule methodologies.
- We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher to investigate the mechanisms and regulation of chromatin-associated complexes using an integrated structural biology approach that combines crystallography, cryo-EM, and cross linking-mass spectrometry.
- The researcher will benefit from access to state-of-the-art facilities, infrastructure, resources and support for all these technologies, as well as collaborators who are international leaders in their fields.
- Applicants should possess a PhD in the life sciences, biophysics, or a related relevant discipline.
- A background in X-ray crystallography or cryo-electron microscopy, documented by at least one peer-reviewed first-author publication is strictly required.
- Good English language skills are essential.
- The ability to work in a team, good organizational skills as well as initiative, flexibility, creativity, and good learning ability are required.
Practical information about the position
- Start date: As soon as possible or per agreement
- The position is for 2 years initially but offers a longer-term perspective.
Find a Job Find Candidates