Postdoctoral Researcher on new iPSC Models in Neurodegeneration - Belgium
- The Laboratory of Neurobiology is part of the research group Experimental Neurology (Neuroscience Department) at our university.
- The group has a close collaboration with the Neurology Department of the University Hospitals with about 50 researchers in different domains.
- In addition, the laboratory is one of the research groups of the Center for Brain & Disease Research focusing on Neuroscience.
- There are 13 research groups within the CBD with a total employment of 230 researchers.
- The Laboratory focuses on clinical and fundamental research into the prevention, heredity, the pathogenesis and treatment of neurodegenerative disorders such as Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) and Frontotemporal Dementia (FTD).
The research project will focus on the neurodegenerative disorder frontotemporal dementia caused by progranulin mutations and will involve in vitro techniques, validation of neuroprotective compounds, iPSCs and small animal models.
- should hold a PhD degree in biomedical sciences
- should have experience in research on neurodegenerative disorders, progranulin biology and/or iPSC technology
- should be able to work in a team
- should be able to guide and supervise PhD students
- should fluently speak and write English.
- We offer a full time 2-year contract for a postdoctoral position in an enthusiastic and motivated team and a dynamic scientific work environment.
- The Center for Brain & Disease (CBD) is an international research group focusing on neuroscience.
- The CBD provides different opportunities to present and share data on weekly seminars, lectures and international conferences. Different state-of-the-art core facilities are available for all CBD researchers.