Postdoctoral researcher - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The Center for Synthetic Biology (CSB) is a dynamic research group at the Faculty of Bio science Engineering of our University.
- We recently started a new and emerging research line on extracellular transport over biological membranes in Industrial Biotechnology.
- The goal is to both examine fundamental aspects of transporter enzymes like there specificity towards different substrates and catalytic properties and at the same time develop platform systems for advanced export in Industrial Biotechnology.
- To start with, we will focus on ABC-type of transporters from yeast, but other suggestions are welcomed as well.
- For boosting this research, we are looking for a highly skilled and talented postdoc with relevant experience in the above mentioned field.
- We cannot offer a fixed position at this time, but will support the application for a Marie Skłodowska-Curie European Individual Fellowships (IF) for a period of 2 years.
- Eligible candidates should not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Belgium for more than 12 months in the 3 years before the call deadline.
Profile of the candidate
The scholarships are highly competitive so we are looking for a candidate with a strong academic track record; this is taking into account in the scoring.
Furthermore, the ideal candidate is a highly motivated scientist with the following profile:
- a PhD in the field related to the above mentioned topic: cellular membrane transport, transporter proteins, ABC or MDR transporters and their heterologous expression
- experience with molecular biology is essential
- a good publication track record is essential
- experience with microbiology and industrial biotechnology is a plus
- being fluent in English is essential, knowledge of Dutch is a plus.