Postdoctoral Research Fellow Digital Asia - Netherlands
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- coordinate international grant proposals for the development of Digital Humanities research in Asian languages;
- develop a master’s programme in digital Asian cultural studies at our University;
- undertake research in the area of Asian digital humanities or cultural studies.
- The postdoctoral fellow will be funded by the Critical Approaches to New Asian Media Ecologies (CANAME) project and funded by our University Asian Modernities and Traditions cluster.
- He/She will work with staff in the Institute for Area Studies, the Institute for Cultural Anthropology & Development Sociology (e.g., Barendregt), and international collaborators (e.g., the Max Planck Institute for the History of Science) to develop and coordinate teaching and research in Asian digital humanities.
- Ph.D. in humanities, social sciences, or computer science field relevant to the analysis of digital media in Asia or in Asian languages (in hand before September 1, 2017);
- fluency in English (speaking and writing);
- strong communication and project management skills;
- experience in grant proposal writing;
- familiarity with or strong interest in digital research infrastructures;
- experience or strong interest in teaching digital humanities.
- The Faculty of Humanities is rich in expertise in fields as philosophy, religious studies, history, art history, literature, linguistics and regional studies covering nearly every region of the world.
- Our faculty is home to more than 5400 students and 800 staff members.
- The researcher will hold a position in the University Institute for Area Studies LIAS is comprised of a School of Asian Studies and a School of Middle-Eastern Studies, with international staff and student populations.
- The institute is committed to a present-day vision of area studies, integrating disciplinary and regional-historical perspectives on a solid foundation of excellent language skills.
Terms and conditions
- Salary range, depending on education and work experience, from € 2,552.- to € 4,028.- (pay scale 10 in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities) gross per month, based on a full-time appointment.
- Our University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave.
- Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions.
- Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break.