POSTDOCTORAL position to investigate Wnt signalling during heart failure - Belgium
KU Leuven (company)
- You will have your own dedicatedresearch project studying vessel rarefaction in heart failure. Specifically,you will be investigated the role of Wnt signalling in the process of vesselrarefaction.
- You will be responsible foradministration and execution of the project. You are expected to have strong molecular biology skills. The project involves both a rat and a mousemodel of heart failure. Experience in echocardiography of rodents is a bonus,however a desire to learn these techniques is also acceptable. The positioninvolves a significant amount of microscopy and analysis of histologicalsections. Quantitative pPCR and possiblyin situ hybridization will be involved.
- Youwill be expected to present the work at conferences, lab meeting, anddepartmental meetings.
- The candidate must have a PhD in a relevant discipline (Molecular Biology,Physiology, Genetics)
- Experience in molecular biology methods is required. Experience in developmental biology, vascular biology and/or microscopyis a benefit.
- Strong interest in pursuing a career in research.
- A good publication record, with at least one paper in a higher-impact journal.
- The candidate must be a highly motivated, enthusiastic and efficient researcher.
The current position is for 1 year, and you will be expected to apply for fellowships during that year. The position can be extended, based onsatisfactory progress in the first year. Applications should be sent by email and include a CV, motivation letter, and references' contact information relevant to your research or training.