Postdoctoral position: RNA binding proteins in cancer - Spain
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The Center for Genomic Regulation is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries.
- The company shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
- Our company has been conferred with a badge of ‘HR Excellence in Research’ by the European Commission, in recognition to its progress in implementing the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for Recruitment of Researchers, that among others consists of transparent, merit-based recruitment procedures and attractive work-life balance working conditions.
- A postdoctoral position is available in the lab to investigate the role of novel RNA binding proteins (RBPs) in cancer progression.
- A recent screen in the lab has identified RBPs with potential roles as either tumor suppressors or promoters.
- The position is available to determine the molecular mechanisms underlying these effects, with a special focus on RBPs involved in translational control and metabolism.
- Qualified individuals who are highly motivated, self-driven, independent, and proficient in English and have a solid publication record.
- You also have experience in RNA regulation, metabolism, and standard molecular biology and tissue culture techniques.
Experience in animal handling and/or proficiency with the manipulation of high-throughput data.
- We offer work in a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, providing the successful applicant with unique professional career opportunities.
- Our company offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
- The company is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and within the work-life balance programme is offering an opportunity to benefit from annual leave allowance, flexible working hours and teleworking programme.