Postdoctoral position - Germany
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is one of the leading research institutes within the fields of biochemistry, cell- and structural biology, and bio medicine.
- With its eight scientific departments, about 25 research groups, and a staff of around 850 people, the institute is one of the largest institutes within the company.
- The Innate Immunity laboratory is looking for a postdoctoral scientist to investigate virus-host interactions.
- The successful candidate will contribute to our efforts on studying mechanisms of determinants of viral pathogenicity of fulminant and persistent virus infections.
- We are particularly interested in interactions between viral and cellular nucleic acids and proteins, which are essential for the antiviral immune response as well as for virus restriction.
- Using omics technology including mass spectrometry and next generation sequencing coupled to bioinformatics analyses as versatile discovery pipelines we aim to identify key mechanisms of the antiviral immune response and will functionally characterize novel candidates employing a wide range of experiments including in vitro assays using recombinant proteins, cell culture and in vivo mouse models.
- The ideal candidate should hold a relevant PhD (or MD) degree and has an excellent publication record.
- Experience in innate immunity and/or virology is required.
- You should possess extensive knowledge and understanding of inflammatory and antiviral signaling mechanisms.
- Experience in mass spectrometry, NGS and/or bioinformatics are a plus.
- Solid analytical thinking, open-mindedness and creativity make you stand out.
- Intellectual contribution to the ongoing research projects is expected.
- The salary level will be according to public salary scale.
- The position is fixed term for one year with planned extension.
- Our laboratory hosts international scientists with diverse, synergizing backgrounds that in sum allow performing high quality research.
- Working language is English.