Postdoctoral position on integrated fluorescence - electron microscopy - Belgium
- Development and maintenance of integrated optical-electron microscopy.1) an existing integrated wide-field fluorescence - scanning electron microscope equipped with EDX detector; the system is based on a FEI Quanta FEG 250 equipped with an in house adapted Delmic SECOM module enabling single molecule fluorescence detection
You will take the responsibility in building the system around a novel JEOLJSM-7200F LV (delivery summer 2017) equipped with the Delmic SECOM platform and a confocal laser scan head (Nikon C2). The final goal of this system is to enable correlated electron and time- and spectrally resolved luminescence imaging.
- Application of integrated optical-electron microscopy to energy materials such as hybrid organic-inorganic perovskites and to heterogeneous catalysts and photocatalysts.
- Preparation and publication of scientific articles related to the research project.
- Supervision and guidance of motivated PhD students requiring integrated optical-electron microscopy for their research.
- We are seeking highly motivated candidates that hold a PhD in physics, chemistry, materials science and/or nanotechnology related subjects.
- Expertise in electron microscopy is expected and experience with optical microscopy and characterization is particularly welcome.
- Due to the technical nature of the home-built microscopes insight into the technical aspects such as micro-electronics, lasers, detectors, piezo controllers and opto-mechanics and interest in driving these components via Labview and Micro-Manager is expected.
- The candidate should have a proven track record in high-impact publications and should be open to interdisciplinary science and collaborations.
- We offer in this respect an ideal environment with a large number of scientific groups working on different (applied) subjects.
- The university is one of Europe’s oldest academic institutions and is situated in a medium-sized vibrant student town with a large international community.
- 2 year financial support with the possibility of extension
- world-class research environment and equipment
- International research environment