This job is currently Archived,
Postdoctoral Position on Dengue Research Beerse Belgium,
Johnson & Johnson (company)
Posted on : 01 May 2017
- We are looking for a candidate for a 3-year post-doctoral position in its research & development site.
- The successful candidate will join the Infectious Diseases research team to support the identification and characterization of innovative solutions for the treatment and/or prevention of Dengue.
- You will work in a fast pace and science-driven environment with the opportunity to interact with several internal and external groups bridging different stages of the discovery pipeline.
- The applicant should be highly motivated and passionate in conducting research and associated laboratory tasks to support different projects; and should be able to work independently. Responsibilities include, design and execution of in vitro and cell-based experiments for target identification, mechanism of action studies and/or profiling of compounds.
Primary responsibilities (include, but are not limited to)
- Contribute to various projects within the team by proposing novel and actionable ideas, aligned with internal and external scientific strategies and demands.
- Target-specific assay development for the identification of Dengue antivirals.
- Design and execution of cellular and molecular experiments for Dengue research.
- Keep up-to-date on literature related to his/her field in support of research and assay development.
- Demonstrate creative and analytical capabilities to interpret, troubleshoot and report on complex data. Basic statistical knowledge is mandatory.
- Analyze and document experimental data in laboratory notebooks and prepare SOPs, study reports and publications as required, present scientific data to colleagues and assist in the preparation of internal and external presentations.
- Strong capabilities to collaborate with internal stakeholders of all functions and external parties.
- Ph.D. degree or equivalent in virology, cell biology, molecular biology or related disciplines.
- Several years of productive post-doctoral experience in a high-quality academic, biotech or pharmaceutical environment is a plus.
- Strong competencies in virology, conducting various mammalian tissue culture techniques (cloning, expansion, transfection, transduction) and assay development using multiple technology platforms (confocal microscopy, immunocytochemistry, flow cytometry, colorimetric/fluorescence/luminescent plate readers )
- Hands on experience in molecular biology and biochemistry (PCR, electrophoresis, blotting, immunoprecipitation, SPR, &)
- Experience in infectious disease research working in a BSL2+/3 laboratory
Personal skills and Competencies
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact in constructive and productive ways with team members, internal and external stakeholders
- Enthusiastic and creative approach to solving scientific problems
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency, be organized and adhere to timelines
- Intellectually curious and well-informed on the latest scientific advances in the field
- Strong record of publications
- Detail-oriented, with excellent record-keeping skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to effectively present scientific data and concepts to international standards.
Our Fight Against Infectious Diseases Is a Global Effort
- From viral hepatitis and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) to respiratory infections like respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) and pathogens of global concern such as Dengue, polio and Ebola, the teams working in Infectious Diseases & Vaccines at our company have one mission.
- They work every day with the goal to discover and develop novel therapeutics and vaccines to treat and cure infectious diseases worldwide, improving treatment outcomes and patients lives.
- With goals like these, there s no time to waste. That s why the team focuses on internal discovery and world-class development of both therapeutics and vaccines and seeks out partners from all around the world to connect our own expertise and science with that of others. These problems are not insurmountable.
- They can be conquered the same way all of humanity s greatest problems have been solved: constant effort and game-changing innovation.
Find a Job Find Candidates