This job is currently Archived,
Postdoctoral position in the Biology of Membrane Contact Sites and Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress - Belgium
KU Leuven (company)
Posted on : 18 May 2017
- Investigate and develop specific research projects of the lab.
- Work with minimal supervision using own initiative and creativity to prioritize and investigate key research questions under the guidance of the Principal Investigator.
- Improve established protocols/techniques and implement or develop new ones.
- Provide guidance and supervision of PhD students and other members of the lab.
- Coordinate collaborative work within the lab and with other teams.
- Present data at internal and external meetings.
- Write manuscripts and help with writing grants.
- Develop academic independence.
- Work to maintain a cohesive and nice working atmosphere in the lab.
- You hold a Ph.D. in Cell Biology, Molecularbiology or equivalent related fields, with focus on UPR signaling and cell death obtained from a non-Belgian University.
- You have obtained your PhD degree in the past 2-3 years and have less than 3 years of postdoctoral experience.
- You feel comfortable with high-end fluorescent microscopy analysis or have past experience with imaging techniques.
- You are a team player with good oral and written communication skills
This would be an asset:
- Demonstrated skills in ER biology and calcium signaling.
- Basic knowledge of immunology and handling of immune cells.
- Experience with in vivo work (mouse models).
- Experience in working with deadlines and being involved simultaneously in multiple projects.
- At least a 3 years post-doctoral contract.
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructures.
- A stimulating, diverse international research environment in a world-class academic laboratory.
- Start date: as soon as possible - the position is immediately available.