This job is currently Archived,
Postdoctoral position - Dynamic In-Vitro Simulations of Lower-Limb Joints Leuven Belgium,
KU Leuven (company)
Posted on : 31 July 2017
- The candidate will be expected to merge the knowledge, fuse the available data, as well as mutually update the technology surrounding both simulators into one unified platform. Through this, we are aiming to further strengthen and consolidate our close collaborations with industry, clinicians and researchers in our combined effort to improve outcome of surgery.
- Furthermore, by integrating this platform into our current surgical training and education programs we aim to, for the first time, provide trainees with unique bio mechanical feedback, thus greatly improving its effect on surgical quality.
- This funded project involves multi-disciplinary collaborations between the IORT , the Human Movement Bio mechanics Lab , the division of Bio mechanics and the Anatomy Skills Center.
- In obtaining the project goals the successful candidate will supervise and coordinate activities of two technical assistants appointed to this project.
- Highly motivated applicants with a doctoral degree (PhD) in biomechanics, biomedical engineering or a related discipline are invited.
- Profound knowledge of human joint biomechanics, bio mechanical testing, control system design, musculoskeletal simulations and mechanical design are required.
- We expect the candidate to demonstrate strong communication and writing skills in English.
- In addition to the interest in solving scientific problems through in-vitro biomechanical experiments, experience with, or demonstrable affinity for, the valorisation and clinical translation of biomechanical or orthopaedic research in collaboration with clinical or industrial partners is highly valued.
- Extension is subject to satisfactory progress.
- Salary will be offered full-time, according to university regulations and depending on level of qualification.
Additionally, we offer:
- a young, highly motivated and international team of researchers,
- a modern, dynamic working environment,
- a strong supervisory team with room for own initiative,
- the possibility for unique interactions with high-level, research-oriented orthopaedic surgeons,
- integration in our international network of academic and industrial partners.
3000 Leuven Belgium
Find a Job Find Candidates