This job is currently Archived,
Postdoctoral fellowship in Epigenomics/Bioinformatics Stockholm Sweden,
Sci Life Lab (company)
Posted on : 13 May 2017
- To unravel the molecular circuits that underlie epigenetic gene regulation and inheritance, my laboratory combines chemical and synthetic biology manipulation of living cells with systems-level (genomic and proteomic) readouts.
- We are applying state-of-the-art technologies for genome-wide chromatin profiling and develop novel methodologies based on synthetic and chemical biology.
- The successful candidate will participate in the experimental planning, processing, analysis, integration and publication of next-generation sequencing (NGS) data including quantitative ChIP-Seq, RNA-Seq, TT-Seq, chromosome interactome data and proteomics.
- The tasks will include statistical analysis, meta-analysis and data modeling.
- The successful candidate will work together with other members of the team and with collaborators.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential for this position.
Required skills of the successful candidate are:
- firm knowledge in R, Unix/Linux, Perl, Python
- extensive experience in the analysis of next-generation sequencing data
- experience in pipeline development and data management
- knowledge of relevant biological areas (chromatin and gene expression, genetics and epigenetics)
- experience in stochastic modeling using MatLab, Mathematica or related programming languages is an advantage
- excellent knowledge in biostatistics
- experience in data genomics data mining and visualization
It is a merit if the applicant can document the following:
- Experience in other computational biology applications such as mathematical modelling, protein bioinformatics or proteomics analysis is a plus
- Good understanding of biological concepts and/or willingness to learn. Experience in working with wet lab scientists is a plus
- Good organizational, communication and social skills
- Good publication track record
- Good presentation skills
Practical information about the position
- Start date: As soon as possible
- 2-year fellowship position depending on eligibility, possible extension as postdoctoral researcher or staff scientist
Find a Job Find Candidates