- To unravel the molecular circuits that underlie epigenetic gene regulation and inheritance, my laboratory combines chemical and synthetic biology manipulation of living cells with systems-level (genomic and proteomic) readouts.
- We are applying state-of-the-art technologies for genome-wide chromatin profiling and develop novel methodologies based on synthetic and chemical biology.
- The successful candidate will participate in the experimental planning, processing, analysis, integration and publication of next-generation sequencing (NGS) experiments including quantitative ChIP-Seq, RNA-Seq, TT-Seq, chromosome interactome experiments and proteomics.
- The tasks will include cell culture, chromatin biochemical fractionation, ChIP, ATAC-Seq, RNA-Seq and related epigenomic profiling methods, Illumina library preparation.
- Applicants should hold a doctoral degree or expect to defend in 2017.
- Excellent education and laboratory skills in molecular biology are a prerequisite.
- The ideal candidates will have
- biochemistry, biotechnology or molecular biology education
- extensive experience in mammalian cell culture
- extensive experience in ChIP-Seq, ATAC-Seq, DHS, or related methodologies
- cell and sample preparation, next-generation sequencing library preparation;
- experience in data analysis using third-party software and scripting languages.
Practical information about the position
- Start date: As soon as possible
- 2-year fellowship position depending on eligibility, possible extension as postdoctoral researcher (typically a 2-year fixed position)