Postdoc / Senior Scientist (Fulltime) - Netherlands
- Our company is a leader in the strongly growing and very dynamic market of diagnostic services companies.
- As a service organization we offer serological, virus-based and molecular analyses of any type of sample and combine this with a global logistics service network.
- We have customers from all over the world and our analyses encompass many types of viruses.
- Professionalism and high quality standards are hallmarks of our organization.
- We are ISO15189 accredited and comply with worldwide regulatory standards to enable our customers to file and launch new drug applications in Europe and the USA.
- Our company is steadily growing and in recent months we obtained several new requests to participate in global phase-2 and phase-3 drug development programs and we obtained a large 4-years contract to help improving vaccines with a global health impact.
- We are dynamic and diverse and are now offering a fascinating opportunity for a professional who likes to take initiative, is highly motivated to achieve, has focus on results, flexibility and is willing to learn and cooperate.
Postdoc / Senior Scientist (Full-time)
- In this position you will be working in the Pre-clinical Services Department and report directly to the department head.
- The department is responsible for the preclinical testing of vaccines against virus diseases and antiviral drugs.
- You will be managing assigned preclinical studies acting as a Study Director.
- In this function you will be concerned with the design and planning of experiments, obtaining ethics approval (on project proposals and working protocols), undertaking experiments, preparing and getting approval for all documents related to preclinical experiments (such as protocols and reports).
- Supervising of (bio) technicians during assigned projects on a daily basis, while being in the lab and animal room at critical moments yourself.
- In the lab techniques like PCR, virus titrations; antibody detection assays, like ELISA, hemagglutination inhibition and virus neutralization according to (ISO15189/GLP) quality standards are performed using standard operating procedures (SOPs) and forms.
- You will maintain adequate communication with colleagues and third parties to ensure swift project progress and delivery of milestones.
- Safely working with pathogenic viruses (BSL-2, BSL-3) is a requirement.
- You will also be involved in managing the operations of the preclinical facility together with your peers.
- We are looking for a person with a PhD in microbiology, virology and/or immunology.
- We would appreciate your documented experience to work in a BSL-2/3 laboratory or otherwise your willingness to follow the required training.
- Furthermore it is mandatory to be art. 9 certified.
- This will be determined according to education, experience, and company policy.
- We offer a one-year contract with the possibility of extension upon good performance, and eventually a permanent position.