Postdoc position – Sleep and Motor Memory Consolidation - Belgium
- Perform high quality scientific research: organization of the experiments, recruitment of participants, acquisition and analyses of behavioral (motor), cerebral (MRI)and sleep (EEG) data, writing scientific papers
- Assistance/guidance of PhD and Master students within the research topic
- Administrative and technical support in the activities within the Movement Control and Neuroplasticity Research Group, the Department of Kinesiology and the Faculty of Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Sciences
- You have a PhD degree in Neurosciences, Psychology, Biomedical Sciences, Medical Imaging, or Engineering
- You performed excellent research during your PhD
- You have a strong interest in the study of memory and sleep and medical imaging acquisition and analyses
- You have excellent signal processing skills (candidates with experience in real-time analysis of EEG data will be given priority)
- You have excellent skills in programming (including MATLAB and others)
- You are capable of taking initiative, working independently and respecting deadlines
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills
- We offer the postdoctoral candidate a full-time employment (initially for 2 years with a possible 2-year extension) in an intellectually challenging environment.
- Our university is a research-intensive, internationally oriented university that carries out both fundamental and applied scientific research.
- It is highly focused on inter- and multidisciplinary research.
- It provides its students with an academic education that is based on high-quality scientific research.