Postdoc position in the Erler Group - Denmark
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic researcher, with specific skills to undertake research into how the extracellular matrix regulates cancer progression.
- In our group, we try to understand how cancer spreads through the body (a process called metastasis), as this is responsible for over 90% of cancer patient deaths. Metastasis is strongly influenced by the tumor micro environment.
- We study how cells sense and respond to the tumor microenvironment in such a way as to become more aggressive, with a particular focus on cell-cell and cell-matrix interactions. We take a multidisciplinary, integrative approach to perform high quality translational research with collaborative partners world-wide.
The postdoc will investigate how hypoxic signalling in fibroblasts influences cancer progression.
We expect you to be a highly motivated and ambitious scientist with the following qualifications:
- A PhD in Life Sciences
- Documented experience in extracellular matrix and hypoxia research
- Previous experience with in vivo models
- A strong interest in metastasis
- Excellent English skills written and spoken
- We offer creative and stimulating working conditions in a dynamic and international research environment.
- Our research facilities include modern laboratories, a number of cutting-edge core facilities shared between the 23 research groups and the neighboring Laboratory and a well-functioning administrative and technical support.
- We have weekly journal clubs, data clubs, seminars with invited speakers and a young researchers club ASAP and our own PhD programme, MoMeD.
- We actively participates in the European alliance, EU-life consisting of 13 excellent life science research institutions
Terms of salary and employment
- The appointment as PhD fellow is for 3 years. It is conditioned upon the candidates’ successful enrollment in the PhD programme.
- This requires submission and acceptance of an application for the specific project formulated by the candidate before the starting date.
- The PhD study must be completed in accordance with The Ministerial Order on the PhD programme (2013) and the University’s rules on achieving the degree.