This job is currently Archived,
Postdoc Position in Bioinformatics, Meta genomics and the Human Microbiome Leuven Belgium,
Posted on : 20 April 2017
- Our lab is looking for a postdoctoral researcher in the computational analysis of microbiome data, with a particular emphasis on human-associated microbial communities in health and disease. Projects will focus on:(i) bioinformatics/statistics method development for joint host and microbiota data analysis, multi-omics and clinical data integration and/or (ii) their application to large scale data sets generated within the Flemish Gut Flora project cohort (n>5000), in a wide range of disease cohorts as well as in international projects .
- We look for an excellent track record in (meta-)omics data analysis and strong scientific drive.
- We provide a stimulating and fun environment to pursue your scientific dreams.
Our institute greatly values diverse standpoints and promotes an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected.
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, data mining, biostatistics, population and/or statistical genetics, human microbiota, numerical/microbial ecology or equivalent
- Good programming skills (perl/python/ruby/java/C++ etc, SQL, R), proficiency in Unix/Linux and cluster experience
- A strong track record in omics data analysis (e.g. (meta)genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics, epigenomics, genotyping data) is a plus
- Experience in clinical data mining/machine learning, bio marker detection is a plus.
- Our lab is an exciting, interdisciplinary research institute with excellent facilities and leading research groups in e.g. gastroenterology, oncology, immunology, microbiology & virology, clinical genetics/-omics, molecular biology and translational research.
- Our lab has on-site robotic sample processing, high-throughput computing resources as well as next-gen sequencing facilities
Find a Job Find Candidates