This job is currently Archived,
Postdoc in Cell Factory Development Lyngby Denmark,
DTU Bioengineering (company)
Posted on : 29 May 2017
- A 2-year postdoc position is available in the Molecular Cell Biology Group at Department of Biotechnology and Bio-medicine.
- The department conducts research, educates future bio-engineers, provides scientific advice and innovates within the areas of microbiology, biochemistry, biotechnology and bio-medicine.
- The research is at the highest international level and focuses on the societal and scientific challenges within the field.
- Research is conducted within three main areas: Microbial ecology and physiology, Industrial biotechnology and cell factories, and Bio-medicine and health.
- The department has extensive collaboration with national and international research units and industries.
- Our company has approx. 150 employees, of which 2/3 is scientific staff.
Responsibilities and tasks
- The candidate will be part of a larger project, DIVERSIFY, aiming at using biodiversity as a basis for cell factory construction.
- The project is funded by the Danish Innovation Foundation.
- The project is performed in collaboration with three industrial partners.
- Using a synthetic biology based strategy; the candidate will be responsible for implementing pathways for a range of model compounds in yeasts.
- The position will involve supervision of PhD students.
Candidates should have a PhD degree or equivalent.
- A strong background in yeast cell biology and metabolism
- Solid experience within genetic engineering
- Experience with gene expression
- Experience with fermentation
- Collaborative and supervisor skills
- We offer an interesting and challenging job in an international environment focusing on education, research, scientific advice and innovation, which contribute to enhancing the economy and improving social welfare.
- We strive for academic excellence, collegial respect and freedom tempered by responsibility.
- Our university is a leading technical university in northern Europe and benchmarks with the best universities in the world.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
Workplace and period of employment
The position will be for 2 years with the possibility of extension.
- The Department of Biotechnology and Bio-medicine addresses challenges of societal and scientific importance within biotechnology, bio-medicine, food technology and human health.
- The department is based on both basic and applied research and employs tools from biochemistry, biophysics, chemistry, cellular biology, immunology, microbial ecology and physiology, bioinformatics and bio-engineering.
- The department runs four technology platforms providing state-of-the-art capabilities in fermentation and high-throughput screening, mass spectrometry based metabolomics, proteomics and genomics.
- The department hosts senior and junior faculty members and post-doctoral fellows, PhD students and technical/administrative personnel, around 150 in total.
- In addition to bachelor, master and PhD education, collaborative research and innovation together with national and international universities and industries is given high priority at the department.
- Our university is providing internationally leading research, education, innovation and scientific advice. Our staff of 5,800 advance science and technology to create innovative solutions that meet the demands of society; and our 10,300 students are being educated to address the technological challenges of the future.
- Our university is an independent academic university collaborating globally with business, industry, government, and public agencies.
2800 Lyngby Denmark
Find a Job Find Candidates