Postdoc Fellow - Cancer Biology, Protein Homeostasis San Diego United States,
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The position will focus on investigating the species similarities in CRBN biology and CRBN binding biology in an effort to identify novel/natural substrates which will assist in the development of novel therapeutics. We are seeking an experienced molecular pharmacologist with both in vitro and in vivo skills. The successful applicant will have a strong background and publication record in protein homeostasis. The applicant will be able to design and execute a variety of in vitro and in vivo assays, and design and engineer reagents. Expertise in modern molecular and cell biology and protein biochemistry essential. Knowledge of cancer and immune cell biology (T cells, NK cells, TAMs and/or MDSCs) with primary cell culture, flow cytometry and/or imaging expertise would be a plus. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with discovery project teams and scientists and to present his or her work at project team meetings and to the senior research leadership. Industry experience is preferred but not essential.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan and execute experiments independently
- Stay current with the literature in order to design experiments that address biological questions
- Analyze, interpret and present scientific data
- Interact with drug development team members to design experiments that can address mechanistic questions for the therapeutic of interest
- Accurately maintain data and reports
Ph.D. in a scientific discipline with at least 1 year of laboratory experience.
- Highly motivated
- PhD with 1-2 years of experience
- A deep understanding of molecular biology, protein homeostasis and general immunology
- Experience with primary and cell based assays, cell engineering
- Experience with in vivo studies in disease or mechanistic models
- Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Find a Job Find Candidates