Postdoc Computational Biology - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The Laboratory of Computational Biology at our company is seeking a highly motivated Postdoc to study gene regulatory networks and the genomic regulatory code.
- Your goal will be to identify and model enhancers and promoters underlying cellular state transitions, by combining high-throughput transcriptomics and epigenomics data, including single-cell RNA-seq and single-cell ATAC-seq data generated in our lab.
- As model systems you can use human, mouse with a focus on the adult brain (ageing, neuro-degeneration) and cancer (therapy resistance).
- You will furthermore capitalize on recently developed technologies in the lab, including massively parallel enhancer-reporter assays, droplet microfluidics, single-cell chromatin accessibility assays, epigenomic profiling across inbred lines, and advanced machine learning, including deep learning.
- Depending on your background and interests, you can also perform wet-lab experiments, including the design and testing of synthetic enhancer sequences
- We are seeking a highly motivated computational biologist.
- The successful candidate should have a Master’s degree and PhD in one of the following fields:Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, (Bio-)Engineering or Bioinformatics
- The successful candidate also has a good track record of publications from his/her PhD.
- Programming and linux skills are a must. Experience with machine learning, deep learning, high-performance computing is a plus.
- Experience with transcriptomics, epigenomics, and gene regulatory networks are not required, but considered as a plus. Wet-lab experience is also a plus.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- A stimulating international research environment
- A renewable contract
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Relocation support possible for international applicants