This job is currently Archived,
Postdoc & methods for large-scale dynamic imaging of single cells Stockholm Sweden,
Sci Life Lab (company)
Posted on : 20 April 2017
- The goal is to answer fundamental questions about the physical constraints for life at the molecular level, but also for example to show how variations in gene expression can contribute to the development of antibiotic resistance.
- We are looking for a postdoctoral fellow who wants to work in a curiosity-driven interdisciplinary research team with world-leading research projects.
- We offer a stimulating research environment at the interface between biophysics, optics and microbiology.
- This recruitment is part of a KAW funded project that aims to map the physical principles for how proteins search for specific sequences in the genome or transcriptome.
- The project is an interdisciplinary collaboration of researchers in biology, engineering and physics and you will work closely with several of these groups.
- Your specific project will make it possible to connect dynamic properties at the molecular level to the underlying genotype of thousands of cells simultaneously.
- In addition to filling an important gap in fundamental biological research, the method has potential applications for example drug discovery and optimization in biomolecule production.
- You will lead the development of new methods to investigate the phenotype variation in genetic strain libraries and link these to the underlying genotype.
- The technology is a based on combining microfloppies, advanced optical microscopy and methods for in situ genotyping that are already developed and used in the lab.
- You have a PhD in a relevant area, a passion for science and an ambition to do research of high international quality.
- You have experience in methods development in microbiology, microscopy or microfluidics.
- Personal qualities such as the ability to lead and manage projects and at the same time be able to interact with other researchers is very important since a significant part of the research will be conducted in collaboration with colleagues from other disciplines.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English are prerequisites.
Find a Job Find Candidates