This job is currently Archived,
Post-doctoral researcher - Belgium
Ghent University (company)
Posted on : 05 April 2017
- We are seeking a talented and highly motivated postdoctoral researcher for a 4-year position at the Dept. of Plant Production, Faculty of Bioscience Engineering.
- The position is created in the frame of an FWO funded project, BIO2BIO, that aims to generate biostimulants and biopesticides from organic waste streams.
- BIO2BIO will establish a screening platform compiled of a large array of in vitro, greenhouse and field bioassays that test for environmental toxicity, biostimulant and biopesticide activity, unique in its kind.
- The platform serves to boost discovery of new agrochemical products that are derived from agricultural waste.
- To augment the valorization potential, we aim to determine the active ingredients and their mechanism of action by transcriptome and metabolome analysis.
- The job involves following up on research progress of the consortium as well as guidance of technicians and PhD students to generate results that will be gathered in a biostimulant/biopesticide database.
- Selected bioactive extracts will be investigated in greater detail using state of the art chemical structure analysis and molecular techniques.
- An advisory board of industrial stakeholders and CropFit will help in guiding the project towards product development and future research projects in the field of plant biostimulants and biopesticides.
Profile of the candidate
- Candidates should hold a PhD degree with research expertise in the field of plant biotechnology.
- Excellent knowledge and skills in molecular biology is required and preferentially also in RNAseq data and metabolome analysis.
- You have an interest in coordinating and managing a large project, are ready to deal with data from other team members and want to take care of progress reports and communication.
- You are positive minded and able to motivate researchers to reach the final goal of the project.
- Applicants should have a competitive publication record in peer-reviewed international journals and provide evidence of excellent writing skills.
- International candidates with about 2-3 years of postdoc experience are encouraged to apply.
- You are capable of conducting research with several partners on different locations
- You have good computer skills (in particular in programming spreadsheets linked to databases)
- You wish to engage in conducting scientific research in an industrial context
- You can guide technicians and PhD students and plan their experiments