- The Center for Genomic Regulation, is an international biomedical research institute of excellence with more than 400 scientists from 43 countries, the company excellence is based on an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
- Our company has been conferred with a badge of ‘HR Excellence in Research’ by the European Commission, in recognition to its progress in implementing the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for Recruitment of Researchers, that among others consists of transparent, merit-based recruitment procedures and attractive work-life balance working conditions.
- We are looking for a talented post-doc to join the company .
- In the context of a H2020 grant on personalized medicine, we will investigate the role of RNA-binding proteins RBPs in cancer and dementia progression.
- This position is specific for an expert on analysis of expression quantitative trait loci, eQTLs.
- Combining algorithms for RBP cis/trans eQTLs with GWAS findings, we will deduce regulatory principles, and integrate them in the prediction methods for personalized medicine.
- PhD in computational Biology / Genetics and good track record.
- The successful applicant will have experience of applied statistical analysis, ideally working with genetic association study data.
Having worked with eQTLs and GWAS before. Experience with GTeX / 1000 Genomes data is a plus.
Technical skills required:
- Duration: A one-year contract with the possibility be renewed
- Estimated annual gross salary: A competitive salary will be provided and adjusted accordingly to professional experience
- Starting date: As soon as possible.
- We offer work in a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, providing the successful applicant with unique professional career opportunities.
- Our company offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
- The company is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and within the work-life balance programme is offering an opportunity to benefit from annual leave allowance, flexible working hours and teleworking programme