This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 26 February 2017
Post-Doctoral fellow (3 years contract)
- We are looking for a Postdoctoral Fellow for a joint project between the Genetics and Neurosciences Therapeutic Area Departments at our company Pharma.
- The research focuses on validation of a genetically identified pathway implicated in drug resistant epilepsy, the potential to treat this disease and methods to identify the relevant patient population.
- More specifically, the applicant will conduct guided but independent laboratory-based research studying a mouse model of this epilepsy sub-type and explore the optimal pharmacological intervention points in the specified pathway.
- In addition the project will focus on the optimal way to identify the patient population with this form of epilepsy.
- The results of this project will determine the type of compounds that can be used to treat these patients, differentiation between the compounds and identify the optimal therapeutic strategy. Ultimately this could translate into a drug discovery program.
- To support this, work will be performed to allow identification of the patient population who carry defects in this pathway in order to stratify the population for potential clinical studies and treatment.
- Candidates should have a PhD degree in the field of pharmacology, neuroscience, molecular biology or related disciplines, with a competitive track record of innovation and scientific accomplishments demonstrated by publications.
- Strong expertise in animal experimentation and, in vivo pharmacology is required.
- Prior experience with chronic epilepsy mouse models and EEG is essential.
- Experience in bioinformatics and pathway analysis is an asset.
- The candidate should have general molecular biology skills and knowledge of human genetics.
- The applicant should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, a strong work ethic and the ability to interact and collaborate with others and work as part of a team, as well as independently. Fluency in English required.
Job Segment: Biotech, Genetics, Neurology, Medical Technologist, Science, Healthcare, Research
Braine L'alleud Belgium
Find a Job Find Candidates