Post-Doc Scientist Neuroinflammation - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
- Employees of our Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
- We are one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world.
- Our research and development center develops products for a wide range of disease areas, such as mental disorders, neurological problems, infectious diseases, immunological disorders, cancer, and cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.
- A Postdoc position is available in our Neuroscience Discovery Therapeutic Area in the field of Alzheimer’s disease with special focus on neuroinflammation and innate immunity.
- The position is supported by groups from academia and pharmaceutical industry across Europe.
- Duration is up to five years.
- The candidate will have state-of-the-art knowledge in neuroinflammation / immunology / innate immune system.
- Experience in Alzheimer’s disease or neurodegeneration is desired.
- As part of a multidisciplinary project team, the candidate will be expected to develop, run and schedule in vitro experiments in line with project requirements.
- Work will focus on understanding the role of CD33- and TREM2- and related pathways in the course of Alzheimer’s disease with the goal to identify druggable points of interaction.
- Candidates should have a PhD in Cell Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline;
- Research expertise in the field of neuro-inflammation is required.
- Experience in iPSC expertise is an advantage
- Intellectually curious and well-informed on the latest scientific advances in the field
- Demonstrates creativity and novel approaches to solving scientific problems
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage several experiments simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people
- Detail-oriented, with excellent record-keeping skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to effectively present scientific data and concepts to international standards.
- As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
- As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
- Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
- Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.