Post-Doc Scientist Behavioral Neurophysiology - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Employees of our Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
- Our company is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world.
- Our research and development center develops products for a wide range of disease areas, such as mental disorders, neurological problems, infectious diseases, immunological disorders, cancer, and cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.
- A Postdoc position is available in our Neuroscience Discovery Therapeutic Area in the field of Alzheimer’s disease (AD) with special focus on AD rodent models, social behavior, and synaptic plasticity.
- The position is available within the IMI (Innovative Medicine Initiative) collaborative project PRISM supported by groups from academia and pharmaceutical industry across Europe. Duration is up to three years.
- The overall objective of this project is to develop a quantitative biological approach to the understanding and classification of neuropsychiatric diseases to accelerate the discovery and development of better treatments for patients: i.e. defining a set of quantifiable biological parameters for social withdrawal and cognitive deficits in AD.
- The candidate will have state-of-the-art knowledge in translational EEG analysis, (social) behavior, synaptic plasticity and/or in vivo neuronal network analysis.
- Experience in AD or neurodegeneration research is desired.
- As part of a multidisciplinary project team, the candidate will be expected to develop, run and schedule in vivo experiments in line with project requirements.
- Work will focus on understanding neurophysiological alterations in brain connectivity in the course of AD with the goal to identify early functional biomarkers and/or druggable points of interaction.
- Candidates should have a PhD in Neuroscience, Biology, Bio-psychology or related discipline;
- Research expertise in the field of (rodent) neurophysiology, behavior and data-analysis is required.
- Experience and expertise in MatLab programming is an advantage
- Intellectually curious and well-informed on the latest scientific advances in the field
- Demonstrates creativity and novel approaches to solving scientific problems
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage several experiments simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people
- Detail-oriented, with excellent record-keeping skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to effectively present scientific data and concepts to international standards.
- As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
- As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
- Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
- Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.