Janssen Pharmaceutica joined the Johnson & Johnson group in 1961. Today, Janssen Pharmaceutica is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world and employs more than 4,000 professionals in Belgium. Our research and development centre develops products for a wide range of disease areas, such as mental disorders, neurological problems, infectious diseases, immunological disorders, cancer, and cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.
- A scientist position for a 24 months period is available in our Neuroscience Discovery Therapeutic Area focusing on Alzheimer’s disease research
- The candidate will have state-of-the-art knowledge in molecular cell biology. In depth expertise in the biology of Alzheimer’s disease is desired.
- As part of a multidisciplinary project team, the candidate will function as a research scientist in the lab to develop, run and plan cellular, in vitro and in vivo studies in line with project requirements.
- Work will focus on drug discovery as well as technology development. Specifically, the below will be a topic of the position: evaluation of the therapeutic potential and safety of next-generation immunotherapeutic approaches directed against amyloid β (Aβ). Responsibility for biochemical assay development to quantify and characterize a range of Aβ species. Biochemical analysis of human brain as well as plasma and brain from in vivo mouse studies. Direct mechanism-of-action studies regarding efficacy and safety.
- Specifically, the candidate has to be familiar with sample preparation techniques as tissue fractionation and with biochemical techniques as western blotting, immunoassays (ELISA, MSD) and immunoprecipitation.
- Additionally, in vivo experience and appropriate certifications for working with laboratory animals are required.
- Moreover, experience with immunohistochemical techniques is considered as a plus
- The candidate is expected to actively participate in a multi-disciplinary drug discovery team with the goal to deliver NMEs in the area of disease intervention in Alzheimer´s disease.
- Proven expertise includes the scientific steering and follow-up of activities performed in the context of academic and contract research collaborations
- Candidates should have a PhD in Cell Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline and at least 2 years of experience (including PhD training)
- Have demonstrated experience in directing research independently and a good publication record
- Initial knowledge and proven experience in drug discovery and development process is advantageous
- Have the ability to operate within a multidisciplinary team;
- Possess an enthusiastic, flexible and creative approach to problem solving;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
What’s in it for you…?
“Caring for the world, one person at a time…”
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility. Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)