Post Doc Neuroscience Discovery Biomarkers - Belgium
- We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
- Employees of our company work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
- Our company is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world.
- Our research and development center develops products for a wide range of disease areas, such as mental disorders, neurological problems, infectious diseases, immunological disorders, cancer, and cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.
- Postdoc position in Neuroscience Discovery Bio-markers with special focus on biomarkers for Alzheimer’s disease and neurodegeneration
- Duration is up to 2 years
- The candidate will have a strong background in biochemistry and state-of-the-art knowledge of biochemical analysis of proteins by immunoassay and mass spectrometry. Experience in Alzheimer’s disease and/or neurodegeneration is desired.
- As part of a multidisciplinary project team, the candidate will be expected to develop, run and schedule in vitro experiments in line with the project requirements
- Work will focus on characterizing and understanding the composition of Tau fragments present in human CSF and developing novel bio-marker assays for neurodegeneration.
- Candidate should have a PhD in Biochemistry or related discipline
- Research experience with immunoassay development, antibody characterization and mass spec is required
- Experience with biomarker development, neurodegeneration and Alzheimer’s disease is an advantage
- Intellectually curious and well-informed on the latest scientific advances in the field
- Demonstrates creativity and novel approaches to solving scientific problems
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage several experiments simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people
- Detail-oriented with excellent record-keeping skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
- As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
- Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
- Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.