Post.doc in Epigenomics and Genome Replication in the Groth Group - Denmark
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our research goal is to understand how chromatin is replicated and epigenetic information propagated in dividing cells, and how this impinges on epigenetic changes in disease.
- We are focusing on mechanisms involved in replication-coupled chromatin dynamics, propagation of DNA methylation and histone-based information.
- To this end we are applying innovative proteomic and genomic approaches in combination with cutting-edge cell biology, advanced imaging and biochemistry.
- The successful candidate will join a multi-disciplinary team working on how epigenetic information is transmitted in self-renewing cells. In particular, the lab is currently developing a panel of genomic tools to interrogate the impact of DNA replication on epigenome composition and transcription.
- The candidate will develop bioinformatic pipelines for these tools and optimally also be engaged in the wet-lab application of those tool to fundamental questions in epigenetics including how DNA replication influence transcription factor occupancy and 3D genome organization.
We expect you to be a highly motivated and ambitious scientist with the following qualifications and skills:
- A PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology or life sciences
- Documented experience with NGS data workflow and analysis (e.g. ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq, HI-C, OK-seq, RNA-seq)
- Experience including a combination of scripting, programming, and statistical analysis
- Background in epigenomics / genomics
- Previous experience in cell and molecular biology is an advantage
- Ability to grasp complex problems and deliver creative, practical solutions
- Proven ability to envision, plan and execute a research project
- Excellent English skills written and spoken
- The ideal candidate will be a team player and have excellent communication skills.
- Salary, pension and terms of employment will be in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Academics Central organization.
- Depending on qualifications, a higher salary may be negotiated.
- Non-Danish and Danish applicants may be eligible for tax reductions, if they hold a PhD degree and have not lived in Denmark the last 10 years.