Portfolio & Project Leader - Denmark
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- We need an experienced Portfolio & Project Leader with high personal drive to help us establish a new platform for the Nutrition & Health business.
- You will help develop new proposals, then manage a portfolio of projects in an emerging area of health-targeted solutions.
- The projects are global in nature and require working with external partners in all parts of the world.
- It is our ambition to manage our portfolio of projects effectively and efficiently in order to drive for commercial results, and to enhance the return of our investment in innovation.
- This is a position for an experienced portfolio and project leader with a high personal drive to help shape and deliver new top line growth opportunities for a newly formed N&H Venture.
- The Portfolio and Project Management Team’s imperative is to drive investment towards the highest return portfolio of projects, and to drive execution of those projects to deliver maximum commercial results.
- The critical success criteria are to support the Venture Leader in working with external and internal business partners and collaborators to develop a portfolio of prioritized projects, and then to deliver the projects according to plan (time & budget).
- Optimize and manage the Venture’s portfolio of projects-- coordinating all the activities, driving the projects forward, facilitating the work of various contributors if needed, and making sure that everyone is on track and the project team meets and updates each other regularly
- Communicate with Project stakeholders to maintain strategic alignment and transparent information flow
- Align project content with business strategy
- Develop detailed project plans with major milestones
- Secure correct resourcing – both commercially and technically by working with resource managers
- Mitigate risk at project and portfolio levels
- Execute projects using project management tools
- Apply disciplined project management tools to achieve objective
- Contribute to projects that may be local or remote.
- The Portfolio & Project Management Team is a global team.
- Meet technical and budget aims of the project
- Ensure valid and updated project metrics
- Validate assumptions on a regular basis to mitigate risk
- Experienced portfolio & project leader with a successful track record of technical projects from early stage to late stage and the leadership skills required for to accomplish this movement.
- Ten years’ scientific leadership experience required.
- Five to ten years’ portfolio & project management experience required.
- Bachelor degree or higher within science, innovation management or similar.
- Preference to commercial experience on new product introductions and those with a microbiology technical background.
- PMP certification preferred
- Experience as an entrepreneur in a scientific business, preferably self-owned
- Demonstrated effective communication and organizing and planning skills, with a solution-oriented attitude contributing to success in reaching complex targets and deadlines
- Demonstrated strong networking and strong influence leadership skills
- Demonstrated organizational, structural and know how regarding interpersonal skills including confrontation skills, alignment skills and supportive skills
- Experienced working across diverse cultures, and the flexibility to work with teams in different global regions and time zones
- Preferred: Project management external certifications
- Demonstrated Growth Mindset: Ability to identify and document assumptions and develop plans to test them and develop mitigating actions to reduce risk