Policy Assistant, Government Affairs & Policy EMEA (1 year contract) - Belgium
- We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
- Employees of our company work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
- Our company is broadly based in healthcare and is organized into three business segments comprised of franchises and therapeutic categories.
- They include Medical Devices and consumer Med Tech products, Consumer Health products and Pharmaceuticals.
- The Government Affairs & Policy (GA&P) organization serves all three businesses and the Enterprise overall through shaping healthcare systems and promoting innovation around the world.
- The Policy Assistant will be based in Belgium, and will report to the Lead, External Affairs & Alliance Development, GA&P EMEA.
- Monitor and report on EU and national developments on Healthcare and Public Health policies as well as on relevant institutional activities and industry trends
- Research and become familiar with new stakeholders and potential alliances for our company and develop strategic recommendations on engagement programs with them
- Manage GA&P EMEA’s stakeholder and alliance database (CRM system)
- Provide team and senior business partners with background research on key topics and for use in speaking engagements
- Support outreach activities, organization of advocacy strategies and projects with relevant external stakeholders, demonstrating strong project management skills
- Coordinate with Medical Device, Pharmaceuticals and Consumer colleagues on a continuous daily basis
- Support projects specific to Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals, and/or Consumer Healthcare to ensure the implementation of impactful advocacy and policy programs.
- Work closely with GA&P colleagues in the EMEA markets to ensure they receive appropriate policy support.
- Provide assistance to respond to internal enquiries on policy issues and on public consultations.
- Support internal communication platforms and initiatives (newsletters, intranet sites, etc.)
- Coordinate, in alignment with the Alliance Development & External Affairs Lead and the full GA&P team our company’s positioning on public health and healthcare policy issues to boost the Enterprise public reputation and trust.
- Support the effective execution of external company-sponsored events and speaking platforms where GA&P or other executives are involved.
- Master’s degree in political science, international relations, economics, business, or equivalent
- 1-2 years experience in international public affairs work (corporate, consultancy, NGO, trade association, EU institutions)
- Strong understanding of EU legislative process and the EU institutions
- Excellent understanding of healthcare policy, public health, reputation management and coalition/alliance development
- Solid ethical behavior and mindset
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analytical skills, service-oriented and self-starter
- Ability to think horizontally, connecting “the dots”, seeing cross-sector opportunities and synergies
- Understanding of strategy with a strong detail –orientation in execution
- Intellectual curiosity with interest in details, structured, good time management and stress resistant
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as extremely strong document design capabilities (PowerPoint excellence is a must, and other design software is a plus)
- Understanding of and affinity with social media and its use in public affairs
- High proficiency in English is a must, additional European languages an asset
- Please note that this regards a temporary contract of 1 year
- As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
- As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
- Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
- Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.