Pluripotent stem cell genome engineering and CRISPR/CAS screen - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The successful candidate will be part of a team consisting of multiple PhD students and postdocs, using different liver cells derived from pluripotent stem cells as models of disease in a dish.
- In addition, technology such CRISPR/Cas screen, to be developed in the liver cell models, will also be used by other members in the lab focusing on neurodegenerative diseases.
- hold a PhD in molecular or cellular biology, biochemistry or bioengineering
- have extensive lab experience in molecular biology, including CRISPR/CAS9 technology
- ideally, have hands on experience in human pluripotent stem cell culture and differentiation
- have outstanding publications in high impact journals, which will allow access to competitive long-term Flemish/European funding schemes
- be structured and responsible
- contribute with enthusiasm to an ambitious and highly interdisciplinary team
- be fluent in written and spoken English.
- We offer a position for 1 year with the possibility of renewal after a positive evaluation.
- Currently funding will be provided for 18-24 months, which can then be extended when additional funding has been secured by the fellow or by the lab on this topic.