Plastics Molding Engineer - United States
Becton Dickinson (company)
Reports directly to the Injection Molding Engineering Supervisor. Provides Engineering support to the Molding Department to achieve production volume at the highest quality and lowest cost. Duties require application on engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments. Incorporates latest developments in technology, equipment and materials, and pursues implementation within Company guidelines.
- Assists supervisors and molding technicians to improve quality and output of molded components.
- Coordinates with the tool room group leader trouble shooting problem molds.
- Makes recommendations and assists maintenance in repairing and updating of production equipment.
- Supervises operating parameters of molds and related support equipment. Assures adherence to manufacturing tolerances.
- Directs the molding technicians in setting optimum molding parameters to achieve production volume goals at the lowest cost. Issues periodic status reports on molds and other related equipment.
- Assists and makes recommendations to design engineering in developing equipment to automate the Molding Department material handling systems.
- Aids the Injection Molding Engineering Supervisor in establishing achievable goals and budgets. Assists in setting standard costs for plastic parts.
- Coordinates with other Engineers and Manufacturing Process Technologies (R & D) to improve existing plastic parts and generates appropriate support data to gain approval for recommended changes. Makes recommendations as to the technical feasibility of the method or means to resolve diagnosed problems.
- Assists in training and development of department personnel. This is to include old and new technology alike.
- Plans and coordinates special projects to meet quality, productivity and cost objectives consistent with departmental goals.
- Performs equipment and mold validations to insure budgeted cost and quality levels are achieved. Prepares required documentation i.e., validation protocols/reports to meet quality system guidelines. Assists in the development and performance of DOE’s as required per the project plan. Collect and statistically analyze data, and document results in process development, IQ, OQ, and PQ completion reports.
- BS Degree Required. Engineering discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of injection molding experience.
- Strong understanding of injection molding manufacturing
- Ability to relocate if non-local to the Sumter, SC area.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.